Wednesday, July 14, 2010

dock fishing (dawsonville, ga)

The vacation continues… When I wasn’t out chasing trout in the mountains we were able to do a lot of fun things as a family. We still found some time to do some fishing right off the dock in the back of the house. We caught some carp, catfish, bluegill, crappie, and bass. Of the few times we fished from the dock, the most fun was when me, my wife, and her sister fished late at night. I actually didn’t fish at all that night, I was content to rebait my wife’s and sister’s fishing poles with tiny chunks of canadian night crawlers. It was enjoyable to watch her catch a couple fish and have a good time just talking with her sister. She did hook a giant catfish on the kids fishing pole that was strung with 4 pound test that quickly wrapped her up in the brush in front of the dock. I knew she was hung up when the fish stopped pulling and the line was still so tight that the rod was doubled over. I made the mistake of trying to hand line the fish free from the snag when the line snapped. I don’t think that she will ever let me live down the monster fish I lost for her. Heres just a couple photos...

luke with a catfish

No comments:

Post a Comment