Thursday, January 27, 2011

lake marie winter walleye

Made it out yesterday with Neal and a group of friends targeting nighttime walleye on Lake Marie. The bite was slow but there was fish present. Neal's buddy Keith scored a nice legal walleye on a tip down rigged with a minnow in 10 feet of water. The rest of the night was slow but I did manage to get on the board with a walleye no bigger then a good cigar. I'm definitely thinking about spending some more time trying to get to know Marie, I'm liking what I'm seeing so far...

lake marie winter walleye

5 comments:

  1. It had to be cooooooooool out there-----ready for spring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spring steelies and the Wisconsin trout opener... hmmm let me think, YES!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. With all the night fishing you do I'll bet the new clam has become an indespensible tool.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We still need to get together Blake!!!!!!!!

    As part of a prompt to discover new blogs to follow, I've passed along an award to your blog if you're interested.

    http://needtofishmore.blogspot.com/2011/01/15-blogs-you-should-visit.html

    Looking forward to following you!

    ReplyDelete