Saturday, November 5, 2011

so you wanna catch a harbor brown trout?

a healthy fall run harbor brown trout
Even though I prefer fly fishing in the tribs this time of year, consistent fishing is also going on throughout Lake Michigan’s harbors. Now is about the time that the trout start to show up in decent numbers and anglers like Damien have a first crack at these fish before their instinct and rain push them into the rivers. Tubes and spawn seem to be a pretty common theme this time of year. For a more detailed explanation from Damien himself, be sure to check out this forum thread.

We were able to capture the last half of the battle on my cell phone so why don't you take a look.



6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous Brown! Good job on the video via phone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome fish! Glad to see you can slay those giants in the marinas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blake
    That one is worth framing and admiring. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey all members - I am a recently registered member on your board and I think I should introduce myself. Erm... I'm 20 years of age, male, plus I study classical studies in my school. I for sure look forward conversing with you folks. Bye y'all xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice fish! River, stream, or lake, looks and sounds like a really good time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow that is a really nice looking Brown. I wish I could see the video, but dial up sucks a big one. TightLines.

    ReplyDelete