Wednesday, January 2, 2013

big things come in small packages


“Currents” has long been one of my favorite fishing blogs. It’s somewhat local, yet far enough to feel unfamiliar. But, it focuses on those things that I love most about fishing; trout, smallies, fly fishing, the driftless, and tying. I've been following along post by post for almost a year now. Recently, I had made a comment on one of the fly patterns on their site called the “dirty mop”, a great looking bugger pattern that looks dynamite for some small stream trouts. Low and behold, a tiny package arrived at my door just in time for Christmas. Its contents, a handful of “dirty mops” that I promise to put to good use on the trout streams next spring.

John, thanks so much for the time you put into making my Christmas that much more merry. For the rest of you, be sure to check out their site. 


dirty mops (photo borrowed from Currents)

15 comments:

  1. Blake
    What a gift, those are some awesome flies that should produce some savage takes come spring. What impress me about this pattern are all the little legs giving them a lot of action.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll be sure to follow up on how they do in a warmer near future.

      Delete
  2. The variations of the Wooly Bugger are limitless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed, and most are good baits for large trout

      Delete
  3. Thanks for the shout-out, Blake.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Blake
    I had a hidden contest going and decided that the first person to comment on my Depression Popper I'd send that person a few bugs on the condition that they fish them and let me know how good or how bad they do. You commented first so send me an address and I'll mail you some bug!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the heads up about this sight. It looks like it has all kinds of good advice I can use.

    ReplyDelete