Tuesday, June 26, 2012

fly guy correspondence

On the fishing front, its been a highly uneventful week. On the home front things are quite the opposite though. We have just closed out T-ball season and finished a garage sale. Summer football camp for our oldest is going strong and with summer break in full swing, my wife has been on a steady diet of trips to the pool, beach and Six Flags. My work schedule has been relentless but am greatly looking forward to next week when I will finally be on vacation. It is a long overdue chance to catch up on my honey-do list but I'm looking forward mostly to getting reacquainted with the river.

Though my presence on the water has been limited, its been great keeping up with a few of the guys I've trading emails with. Their success has fueled my fire and continues to push me through till the end of this week.

River levels are reaching some serious lows and with no rain in the 10 day forecast I don't see conditions changing soon. My buddy reports the fish are stacking in serious numbers in the deep water. 20 fish out of a single pool is unreal and a sure sign that if you find one your sure to find the many.

even with the low flow the milwaukee river still gives up some great smallies
Through our email exchanges we are helping each other uncover some of the mysteries held within this 100 miles of bass and pike fishing paradise. The funny thing is, we haven't come across a bad area yet. So, for you wondering where on the Milwaukee is the hottest spot, I would have to say anywhere in the water. If anyone else is interested in exchanging some info or sharing some photos and reports on the Milwaukee, drop me a line.

ahh yes, fish with teeth

10 comments:

  1. I just drove over the Milwaukee on Sunday and was thinking what your last two posts have confirmed! I definitely need to do some exploring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. a lot of water out there my friend, and most of it is pretty darn good!

      Delete
  2. I don't get out as often as I would like to either, so I feel for you on that. Those are some pretty nice fish! Where I am at, there is only one lake that has any pike in it, and they were illegally introduced. I am going to have to go catch one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Ricky, toothy critters sure are fun

      Delete
  3. Blake,

    Engaging in dialogue with fellow anglers is part of the fun that fishing affords when you are not on the water. The enthusiasm and passion for fishing that you have is likely what makes your blog so entertaining. Also on a completely different and unrelated subject, I must say the angler featured in the images above is striking... quite striking indeed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the compliment on the blog, striking angler for sure, striking resemblance to you...?

      Delete
  4. Blake
    Those smallies are never ending on the fly. Are you landing most on top or using nymph patterns? What wt/length fly rod are you using? Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use a 5 wt and throw mostly bigger streamers for them. Yeah, the Milwaukee is jammed with smallmouth!

      Delete
  5. Defiantly some nice looking fish. It is especially nice when anglers converge with info to help each others success rates soar.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love carp fishing and I am very interested in knowing any information on them. and your blog really very informative . me I really enjoy your posts keep it up and I am waiting for more pictures keep it up and thanks for sharing. And carpbuddy.com is a site that provides lots of carp fishing news, carp fishing articles, carp fishing tackle reviews.

    ReplyDelete