Friday, December 31, 2010

some new ice fishing gear


Christmas was good to me and I found myself with a few extra bucks to spend. The final decision was made on my first ice fishing flasher. I was looking at the 3 entry level units from Vexilar, Hummingbird, and Marcum. After much thought and seeing it action I opted for the Hummingbird Ice35 unit which was purchased yesterday from Cabelas. I normally don’t find myself shopping there due to the distance from my house but Cabelas had the largest selection of ice gear still in stock. Bass Pro Shops and Gander Mountain were picked over and I was looking for instant gratification. There was no time for online shopping because the plan is to break it in this weekend.

hummingbird ice35
While shopping I also was able to purchase a Cabela’s brand pop up shelter which, compared to the other brands pop up shanties of similar sizes, seemed like a steal for only 129$ Here are it’s specs and expect a review after I break it in.

cabela's ice team hub shelter 6 x 6
Cabela's Ice Team Hub Shelter – 6' x 6'
  • Accommodates two to three anglers  
  • Covered in durable, 600-denier, 100% polyester
  • Absorbs solar energy and retains heat
  • Internal pocket for gear and bait
  • Four windows with covers
  • Dual doors for easy entry

Dimensions: 72"L x 72"W x 78"H.
Packed dimensions: 56"L x 10"W x 16"H.
Weight: 27 lbs.

4 comments:

  1. Good luck on the ice! Now that you have a flasher you won't be able to fish with out it, i promise. They mark your jig and you can see the fish hit and everything. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know you'll appreciate both purchases once winter decides to return.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys! I tested it out last night and will report on it tomorrow. Happy new years to all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Para comprender mejor su impacto educativo a largo plazo, calculadora 2024 podría embarcarse en iniciativas de evaluación de impacto social. Estudios y encuestas que evalúen el rendimiento académico, la confianza en matemáticas y el interés continuo en el aprendizaje matemático podrían proporcionar información valiosa sobre la eficacia de la aplicación.

    ReplyDelete