Saturday, February 2, 2013

daddy daughter ice adventures

warm and ready to go
No fish I have ever caught can compare to the feeling of watching my children catch fish. At the ripe old age of four my daughter has taken quite well to the fascination of fish under the ice. This was the first year that we allowed her to come out and for being so young her attention span was remarkable. We spent two hours together fishing and every bluegill caught was as exciting as the first.

fun with the ice scoop
heater going, jacket off, and enjoying the fish

the one the poked her little hand
hitching a ride back home

Proud dad...

15 comments:

  1. That is awesome!!! Looks like a GREAT DAY!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sooo cute. I can't wait until my little girl is old enough to catch her first fish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She got hers this past summer and she was 3. You don't have too my h longer to go, I'd imagine

      Delete
  3. Blake
    You know this, but I will tell you anyway you are probably experimenting some of the best times you will ever have with your daughter. I will never forget the many trips my daughter and I made when she was little and even into high school. Thanks for sharing some great memories

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Blake, I am thinking she is a cutie. I agree with Bill, enjoy the moment because they grow up fast, and, usually catch more fish than we do!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are having a fun time being pals right now, can't wait until my kids are out fishing me! Thanks for the comment

      Delete
  5. Blake
    Senior moment on my comment--not experimenting --but experiencing--sorry about that

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol I got the hidden meaning, thanks for the comment

      Delete
  6. Awe, this is such a great post! I love to see parents introducing their kids to the great outdoors. Especially little girls! We need more little outdoors women out there!

    ~Ash
    www.extraordinaryoutdoors.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. well add another to the list, thanks for the visit

      Delete
  7. Awesome outing! Nothing beats seeing a smile on a kids face as they reel one up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. good ole subdivision pond, constant action keeps the focus

      Delete